1/8 and 27/8 allocated to APNIC

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Jan 22 01:22:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, George Bonser wrote:

> Some of that water is dirtier than the rest.  I wouldn't want to be the
> person who gets 1.2.3.0/24

The whole /8 should be fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AnoNet

  To avoid addressing conflict with the internet itself, the range
  1.0.0.0/8 is used. This is to avoid conflicting with internal networks
  such as 10/8, 172.16/12 and 192.168/16, as well as assigned Internet
  ranges. In the event that 1.0.0.0/8 is assigned by IANA, anoNet could
  move to the next unassigned /8, though such an event is unlikely, as
  1.0.0.0/8 has been reserved since September 1981.

I thought there was some other group that had been squatting in 1/8,
something about radio and peer to peer...but not AnoNet (at least that
name was totally unfamiliar)...but this was all I could find with a quick
google.

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |