10Gbps Traffic Test Systems

Nathan Ward nanog at daork.net
Wed Jan 20 23:54:11 UTC 2010

I have used Ixia, Spirent AX/4000, Spirent Testcenter and Spirent Smartbits for 1-10GE testing, they've all been able to do the things you ask for - they are quite basic features and any 10GE "router tester" unit will do what you want.

In addition, you should demand much higher than 10Kpps, you should be able to fit roughly 120Mpps of TCP SYN packets in to a 10GE ethernet pipe.