OT: old farts recollecting -- Re: ASR1002

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:01:50 UTC 2010

> "The telephone, for those of you who have forgotten, was a commonly used
> communications technology in the days before electronic mail.
> They're still easy to find in most large cities." -- Nathaniel Borenstein
>
> i'm guessing this is before the mobile phone explosion.

Good old one.

It's funny how we circle around with technology, folks are dumping
their phone land lines and adopting wireless/mobile that required a
substantial technology leap and investment and now we are using the
mobile phone to "text" an incompressible dialect worse than the early
teletype/telex days but with a humongous infrastructure to support it.

Ohh yeah, now we can send sort of a telegram with multiple fonts and
colors almost from anywhere...

Cheers
Jorge