OT: old farts recollecting -- Re: ASR1002

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Wed Jan 20 08:35:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:30:52AM +0000, gordon b slater wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 17:42 -0800, Bill Stewart wrote:
> > Could the comment actually have been about pay telephones, which were
> > once common in cities?
> >

> Good point Bill, which, if so, would place the comment at or about the
> start of the cellfone introduction.
>
> @Jim, maybe it's more a telco/2600 thing?

found it, actually was once in my .signature:

"The telephone, for those of you who have forgotten, was a commonly used
communications technology in the days before electronic mail.
They're still easy to find in most large cities." -- Nathaniel Borenstein

i'm guessing this is before the mobile phone explosion.

--
Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org        +92 336 520-4504
"I'm Prime Minister of Canada, I live here and I'm going to take a leak."