Anyone see a game changer here?

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Fri Jan 15 20:51:07 UTC 2010

On 1/15/10 10:15 PM, Fred Baker wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2010, at 8:13 AM, Gadi Evron wrote:
>
>> 1. Unlike GhostNet, which showed an interesting attack but jumped to
>> conclusions without evidence that it was China behind them -- based on
>> Ethos alone I'd like to think that when Google says China did it, they
>> know. Although being a commercial company with their own agenda, I am
>> saving final judgement. Did Google ever say it's China rather than
>> from China?
>

> To my understanding they believe that people that live in China are
> relevant (which is why they brought it up in the context), but they are
> very carefully saying that they don't know the exact perpetrators.
>
> http://www.ipinc.net/IPv4.GIF

Absolutely, they pointed it out to me elsewhere (I copy-pasted). I made
a mistake.

I mention them as #1 before the current incident out of respect. This
should have said "but many jumped to conclusions..." which is also what
I said at the time, and supports my third point.

Thanks for pointing this out.

	Gadi.

--
Gadi Evron,