SORBS on autopilot?

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Jan 15 16:50:49 UTC 2010

On 1/15/2010 10:26 AM, William Hamilton wrote:
> On 15/01/2010 16:14, William Herrin wrote:
>>> Is it bad English? Is it not clear?
>> No, it is not clear.
>
> It's perfectly clear.
>
>>> Can anyone else give better wording
>>> that might result in less of an issue?
>>
>> "Please reply to this message to reopen your ticket and escalate your
>> case to a live human being."
>
> You:
>
> "Please reply to this message to reopen your ticket and escalate your
> case to a live human being."
>
> And now SORBS:
>
> "If you feel otherwise, please reply to this message
> to re-open your ticket."
>
> Try as I might I really can't see what is not clear here...

Standard English vs. British English vs. Northeast U.S. English, vs.
Geek vs. ...?

Second seems more logical to me (allowing for a moment that some thing
about this whole subject is "logical".

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs