SORBS on autopilot?

Martin Hotze martin at hotze.com
Wed Jan 13 08:07:28 UTC 2010

Oh well,

there's an approach where one splits users into "residential" and
"business", meaning that "residential" is only downloading, surfing,
... without need of providing any services "back" to the 'net. At
least with IPv6 one has to rethink this position as there finally is
end-to-end communication and everybody with a limited upload bandwidth
can multicast his content to half of the world (crossing fingers).

inetnum:         82.150.208.0 - 82.150.208.255
netname:         AT-HOTZE-NET
descr:           hotze.com GmbH
descr:           DSL wholesale
country:         AT

Our position is that we sell internet access at the IP level, a pure
IP pipe - nothing less and nothing more. The customer can have his own
PTR-record with a name matching his domain, he can set up a server or
not. All IPs are static (no need to hassle with DHCP pools, matching
IP to time&date to user for law enforcment). Every customer is served
the same according to his service plan. And we don't make any
decisions wether the customer is "residential" or "business" - simple
as that. I won't feel happy with an ISP who wants to make this
decision for me.

greetings, martin

AS8596 / hotze.com GmbH / Austria

 (...)