Default Passwords for World Wide Packets/Lightning Edge Equipment

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Jan 13 04:03:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:50:37 PST, Bill Stewart said:
> A password recovery method I've found very frustrating is to use the
> serial number or similar value that's on a label on the bottom of the
> equipment.

Related pet peeve:  Inventory and asset control people that stick a sticker on
hardware and then expect to be able to scan the barcode at a later date. Works
fine if the barcode sticker actually ends up facing the front or the back of
the rack.  But occasionally, the sticker ends up stuck on an empty space on the
printed circuit board of a upgrade blade that's plugged into a chassis...