d000::/8 from AS28716

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Tue Jan 12 03:17:02 UTC 2010

Mark Jackson wrote:
> I'd say that is a bogus route/AS announcement.
> I see nothing in the address assignment for that. But I see traffic
> started originating around 12/15/2009.

I envision that work will be done in this regard shortly.

God willing, our RIRs will be handing out prefixes to everyone from
blocks that are specifically designed for 'that purpose'.

It's interesting to know that since we are so virgin v6, that the RIRs
should have no problem shelving up address space into an
easy-to-document format. Although the RIRs can't dictate routing policy,
routing/ops people can dictate what the RIR policy states.

Then, Team Cymru will have an easy time laying base with an 'allowed' as
opposed to a 'denied' list of addresses.

Steve