he.net down/slow?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jan 12 00:36:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:01 PM, JC Dill <jcdill.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael J. Hartwick wrote:
>>
>> I have never understood how posting the "warning" at the bottom of the
>> email
>> after you have already given up the "protected" information could possibly
>> be considered enforceable.
>
> It might be useful to look at what some people in the legal business say
> about these disclaimers:
>
> http://arborlaw.biz/blog/2007/07/19/legal-issues-in-email-disclaimers/

Here's what these lawyers have to say:

http://www.ndasforfree.com/TSProgram03BasicProtection.html

"Don’t go overboard and mark everything in sight confidential. If
virtually everything, including public information, is marked
“confidential,” a court may conclude that nothing was really
confidential. It is better not to mark anything than to mark
everything."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004