D/DoS mitigation hardware/software needed.

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sat Jan 9 15:03:21 UTC 2010

On Jan 9, 2010, at 9:57 PM, Stefan Fouant wrote:

> Firewalls do have their place in DDoS mitigation scenarios, but if used as
> the "ultimate" solution you're asking for trouble.

In my experience, their role is to fall over and die, without exception.  I can't imagine what possible use a stateful firewall has being placed in front of servers under normal conditions, much less during a DDoS attack; it just doesn't make sense.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken