New SPAM DOS

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jan 8 19:22:04 UTC 2010

At least this is new for me...

I host scvrs.org on one of my servers, and, it does not have any outlook or owa
services.  For some reason, someone decided to try and send this message
out to various internet recipients:

> Dear user of the scvrs.org mailing service!
>
> We are informing you that because of the security upgrade of the mailing
> service your mailbox (x) settings were changed. In order to
> apply the new set of settings click on the following link:
>
> http://scvrs.org/owa/service_directory/settings.php?email=x&from=
> scvrs.org&fromname=wa2ibm
>
> Best regards, scvrs.org Technical Support.

An now I'm having to clean up various blacklistings thinking that my server is
a spamvertised web site.

Anyone seen this before?  Any good techniques for combatting it?

Owen