Default Passwords for World Wide Packets/Lightning Edge Equipment

Joe Hamelin joe at nethead.com
Thu Jan 7 04:38:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Dobbins, Roland <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:
> Which goes to show that they just really don't get it when it comes to security.  Maybe they  should look here at all the entries for 'default credentials':

Roland, this isn't the home wi-fi market we're talking about.  Anyone
that's going to buy one of these puppies is going to have a clue about
putting their password in.  BTW: You have to be on the console or the
management port on them to use the default password (ok, you could get
on the right VLAN too.)  Problem solved, except for those cases where
the operator is a total idiot.  Trust me, the shop I'm working for
isn't that way, not with the size of the roll-out we're doing (25k+
switches.)

I liked what you said about firewalls vs. servers but, to be honest, in
this thread you're really beating a dead horse.

-Joe

--
Joe Hamelin, W7COM, Tulalip, WA, 360-474-7474