I don't need no stinking firewall!

Brian Johnson bjohnson at drtel.com
Wed Jan 6 22:18:27 UTC 2010

ACLs
> in
> switch hardware" is just another name for "switch that also does
> stateless
> firewall".

I don't think so: "stateless ACLs in switch hardware" != " switch that
also does stateless firewall"

IMHO... "stateless ACLs in [switch|router] hardware" = ACLs applied to
interfaces that filter packets based on source or destination IP
addresses and ports, or protocols. Correct me if I'm wrong Roland.

 - Brian

 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
copying, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.