Bonded SDSL

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Tue Jan 5 09:24:58 UTC 2010

sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
>> Sorry that I'm coming into this thread late (I have just subscribed),
>> but since I see people discussing DSL with beefy upstream, I thought I
>> would be brave and ask: do you esteemed high-end network op folks think
>> that there may be anyone in the world who might be interested in bonded
>> SDSL or not?
>
> Not only is there interest, it is actually seeing significant use - at
> least here in Norway. Typical case is bonding 2 or 4 SHDSL links for a
> total capacity of 4 or 8 Mbps.

Out of curiosity, in Norway, who owns the copper? What is your
revenue/lease cost ratio?

off-list if too far off topic. I'm just curious.

I'm about the Toronto Canada area, and I'm just looking at the rough
lease cost per km. Be interesting to see if the same figure shows up
elsewhere, or, for all I know, perhaps not all countries have a single
'owner' of the copper...

Steve