D/DoS mitigation hardware/software needed.

Rick Ernst nanog at shreddedmail.com
Tue Jan 5 05:39:37 UTC 2010

I think you, Roland, and I are all agreeing on the same argument.

The (my) confusion entered with the statement of, "The key is to not be
inline all the time, but only inline *when needed*.
I inferred a topological or physical path change from that.

Redirecting traffic (which is really just an extension of RTBH; a scrubber
destination rather than Null0) is an understandable state.

Rick

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Stefan Fouant <sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net