D/DoS mitigation hardware/software needed.

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Jan 5 04:20:51 UTC 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:

> I'm sure Arbor is really neat but I disagree that any DDoS appliance is a standalone solution.

I disagree with this proposition, too.

S/RTBH and/or flow-spec are great DDoS mitigation tools which don't require any further investment beyond the network infrastructure an operator has already purchased and deployed.  These should be the first mitigation tools anyone deploys; in many cases, they're all that's needed.

> I don't expect an employee of the vendor themselves to attest to this though.

Wrong again.

;>

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken