Consumer-grade dual-homed connectivity options?

Daniel Senie dts at senie.com
Mon Jan 4 17:11:37 UTC 2010

The SonicWALL firewall appliances have had decent multi-port NAT functionality for a long time. In the most recent software revision for the latest generation of appliances, they've extended this beyond 2 upstreams. The smaller units in the line also can use various 3G wireless cards and USB dongles to either load balance or do failover.

Models range from SOHO-sized to large enterprise. I've used them myself for years, and installed them for clients. They are reliable and straightforward to configure. And yes, for full disclosure, I've been certified on their gear for a long time, and do resell it (also resell several other brands of networking gear).

Dan