[Fwd: [members-discuss] [ncc-announce] RIPE NCC Position On The ITU IPv6 Group]

gordon b slater gordslater at ieee.org
Fri Feb 26 18:22:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 09:09 -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Oh, and X.25 and X.509 are from an older organization that merged into
> the ITU-T when it was created, the CCITT (International Telegraph
> and Telephone Consultative Committee). It became the ITU-T in 1992.

Yeah, CCITT - thanks for the jog - your memory is better than mine, I
was too busy `networking` on a straight hand key and cans in `92. All
valves (tubes) and sparks tracking over the damp egg insulators :)

I must admit to total confusion over why they need to "grab" IPs from
the v6 address space? Surely they don't need the equivalent of
band-plans for IP space? Or have I missed some v6 technical point
totally?

Gord