ISP in Johannesburg in Southdafrika

Graham Beneke graham at apolix.co.za
Fri Feb 26 17:25:42 UTC 2010

On 26/02/2010 18:43, Randy Bush wrote:

>>> and the most expensive you can imagine. welcome to a telkom monopoly.
>>
>> The monopoly is over!
>
> how many carriers with international fiber?

I can think of six operators lighting their own fiber to the borders and
the landing stations of the various cable systems. Additional to that -
I know of dozens of operators running their own international L2
circuits and lighting their own metro and national fiber.

Its still early days and there much work still left to do before the
effects of the past monopoly is fully overcome.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that things are changing for the
better?

--
Graham Beneke