[Fwd: [members-discuss] [ncc-announce] RIPE NCC Position On The ITU IPv6 Group]

gordon b slater gordslater at ieee.org
Fri Feb 26 16:52:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 09:40 -0600, Jorge Amodio wrote:
> I guess nobody needs ITU-T anymore, or do we ?

ZCZC

well, from vague memory,  H.264, G711/729, H323, X.509 were/are ITU-T
standards - maybe X.25 too though I could have that one wrong.

I'll just sit on the fence: as an old radiocomms guy, I'd say ITU-_R_ is
still very relevant if you guys DON'T want to watch/listen N. Korean or
Bangladeshi TV/radio on your home Sat systems or car radios, to name a
couple of recently quoted countries  :)

But ITU-T? That's one for the VoIP guys to shout about.

de Gord

NNNN