[Fwd: [members-discuss] [ncc-announce] RIPE NCC Position On The ITU IPv6 Group]

Michael Dillon wavetossed at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:47:13 UTC 2010

> For those of you that are unaware, it is possible to contact the State Department to get involved with ITU activities and be added to their mailing lists to discuss these positions.

In addition, if you work for a largish company, they probably have a
regulatory department which may already have someone involved in ITU
standardisation activities, or already involved with the State
Department, or involved with the FCC. So it would be a good idea to
hunt around internally (contact legal and ask them if they know of
anyone dealing with regulatory issues) and then liaise with that
person. In particular, if your employer is a telco, it is unlikely
that the regulatory liaison knows anything about the self-regulatory
RIR system, and maybe some education is in order.

I believe the ITU intends to set themselves up as an alternative to
the RIRs with a large IANA allocation, if they can get it.

--Michael Dillon