Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Johnny Eriksson bygg at cafax.se
Tue Feb 23 09:40:00 UTC 2010

Robert Bonomi wrote:

> Quick!  Somebody propose a snail-mail portability bill.  When a renter
> changes to a different landlord, his snail-mail address will be optionally
> his  to take along, "just like" what is proposed for ISP clients.

No, a complete street address portability system.

Assuming that I live on 1337 Main Street, I should be able to keep that
address even if I move to a different part of town, and I should be able
to use it for all purposes, including when I give my home address to a
cab driver, and it should just work.  Why can't we get some reasonable
legislation like that enacted?

--Johnny