Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

gordon b slater gordslater at ieee.org
Tue Feb 23 03:18:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 13:38 +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:
> In message <201002230227.o1N2RaDp021692 at mail.r-bonomi.com>, Robert Bonomi write
> s:
> > Quick!  Somebody propose a snail-mail portability bill.  When a renter
> > changes to a different landlord, his snail-mail address will be optionally
> > his  to take along, "just like" what is proposed for ISP clients.
>
> You can pay for this redirection service if you want it.  Usually
> it is time limited and often not fully implemented.

But.... with snail-mail it usually ¬just works¬, uses existing proven
technology, provides a little extra revenue for the carriers, etc etc
etc

I just don't see any of the above happening with _this_ proposal.

Hmm, maybe 'proposal' isn't the correct word for it - by a long way.

I have a feeling it's going to be implemented in the following manner:

./great_idea.sh | bad_plan >> /dev/null

Hey - maybe they should submit an RFC? :)

next up: State of Israel vs. SORBS et al.  ding-ding!

Maybe I'm too pessimistic?

Gord