log parsing tool?

Darren Bolding darren at bolding.org
Mon Feb 22 16:34:25 CST 2010

SEC (Simplet Event Correlator) is a very effective tool for this, IMHO.  I
am by no means an expert with it, but I know several people who are, and
while it is not as well known as splunk or some other tools, I have been
very impressed by the results I've seen using it.

As with any event correlation tool, there is a significant level of invested
effort required to make use of this.

Below is a presentation about SEC.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 2:15 PM, fedora fedora <fedorafans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> Anyone has good recommendations for an open-sourced log parsing and
> analyzing application? It will be used to work with syslog-ng and other
> general syslog and application logs.
> I have been looking at swatch and logwatch, but would like to find out if
> there are other good choices, thanks
> FD

--  Darren Bolding                  --
--  darren at bolding.org           --