Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Feb 22 19:33:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:02:38 GMT, Michael Dillon said:
> > Unfortunately the links cited are in Hebrew so I'm only going on Gadi's
> > report here.
>
> Why on earth would you trust Gadi when you could trust me and some
> acquaintances at Google?
> <http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3852744,00.html&sl=auto&tl=en

And the first paragraph renders as:

"If you switch to the Knesset's bill Ronit Tirosh, Internet subscribers will be
able to switch Internet providers in different email address and keep the
previous society, like mobility cellular"

Good enough to follow the gist of it, but by the end of the first sentence,
I'm already seriously doubtful as to its ability to catch subtle nuances and
details - and nuances and details are critical here.

(To be fair, Google Translate *does* do a yeoman job of a mostly hopeless task.
It however still has its occasional hovercraft full of eels moments, usually
when the distinction between eels and kippers matters most. ;)