Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Mon Feb 22 18:02:09 UTC 2010

On 2/22/10 12:28 PM, Joe Abley wrote:

> On 2010-02-22, at 10:09, Gadi Evron wrote:
> It'd be an interesting twist if contracts between e-mail providers outside Israel and ISPs inside suddenly made this requirement for e-mail address portability leak beyond Israel's borders.

Off-list I asked an equivalent transitive service provisioning
question for a service not mentioned, but possibly associated with ISP
provided email services. The technical issue area is IDNAbis and EAI
for those interested in the specification aspect.

I've no clear answer as yet, and my interest is semi-academic.

Eric