Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon Feb 22 17:39:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Dorn Hetzel wrote:

> I am sure the various carriers faced with the onset of Local Number
> Portability and WLNP in this part of the world would have been happy to
> escape with only forwarding phone calls for 3 months.

I'm sure they would :)

I know very little of the workings of cell (or landline) phone networks
but I expect if it worked the same way Internet routing does then the
Telco networks would have had serious problems under the weight of
rerouted calls.

> I would watch out for this idea, it might actually catch on in various
> places, warts and all...

OTOH if it fails in a screaming heap in Israel it may show everyone else
why it is a bad idea :)

Cheers,

Rob

Email: robert at timetraveller.org
IRC: Solver
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy