Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Mon Feb 22 17:30:15 UTC 2010

On 2/22/2010 11:22 AM, Mustafa Golam - wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net>wrote:
>

>> An email address that ends in example.com irrevocably ties the address
>> user to the company Example and may in fact be affirmatively harmful
>> beyond the technical difficulty of implementation.

I don't think I said the following line--if I was demented enough to
have done that, I retract it.

>> IMHO, ISPs would be forged to take Google's policy of Email addresses.
>
> xyz at gmail.com for beta-users, like you and me; while xyz at google.com for
> employees. But surely it will create technical implication along with many
> others.

And I am talking about places that people that have no connection with g[.*]

The key that I missed, and we have to hope the pols did not is that
question of ownership.

I think you will see a drying up of availability of email--which has
interesting implications in the realm of unique addresses possible, for
example.

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs