Spamhaus...

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Sun Feb 21 02:36:01 UTC 2010

On 2/20/2010 6:10 PM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> Larry Sheldon wrote:

>> There is no way in the current universe to know where the item came from
>> by inspecting it.  You can only tell where you got it from...and if you
>> can't reject it while you know that, you must discard it.
>
> s/mime detached signatures rooted in some ca that you trust are actually
> a rather good way of identifying the sender. it's path or orign mail
> server is rather irrelevant in that context. i's not a general purpose
> solution but your statement is false.

And there is no way in this universe to know that anything in the
message (with the possible exception of the Received header your MTA
wrote) is not a forgery.

My statement is true.

And I'm not going around this loop again.  If you think spamming is
good, I'm not going to change your mind.  If you think it is bad, I
don't need to.

Sending unsolicited bulk email (under any guise) is spamming.
--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs