centeralized server management solutions

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Feb 20 15:35:41 CST 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:29:38PM -0600, Mehmet Akcin wrote:
> Centralized solution and server wont be on the same network , but each will have internet access
> Drac cards come with Compact Flash cards
> Bandwidth may not be quite fast and latency might be higher when connecting to the centralized solution.
> Monitoring can be apart from the server maintenance solution as I already primarily use cacti/nagios/IMapper.

You didn't specify what OS'es you deploy, but for Linux/Red Hat-like
systems: PXE boot, Kickstart [1], Puppet [2], Bacula [3].
PXE/Kickstart/Puppet can be managed with Cobbler [4].  Foreman [5]
is an alternative for managing Puppet hosts.