dns interceptors

Justin Krejci jkrejci at usinternet.com
Thu Feb 18 23:51:02 UTC 2010

While not covering all apps you may want to use, it does work for at least
Firefox when web browsing (works on non-windows too) when using an ssh socks
proxy

Go to the address
about:config

filter for "dns"

toggle "network.proxy.socks_remote_dns" to "true" and then firefox will send
its own DNS queries over the socks proxy.