Spamhaus...

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Thu Feb 18 21:49:09 UTC 2010

On 2/18/2010 2:36 PM, Crist Clark wrote:

>> *Definition: "non-commercial use" is use for any purpose other than as
>> part or all of a product or service that is resold, or for use of which
>> a fee is charged. For example, using our DNSBLs in a commercial spam
>> filtering appliance that is then sold to others requires a data feed,
>> regardless of use volume. The same is true of commercial spam filtering
>> software and commercial spam filtering services.
>
> We do not fit into that. We are not selling an appliance or service
> to others (the 'Cuda is for our internal corporate email only, not
> customers).

Would appear to this uninformed ignoramus that Barracuda is using the
data for a commercial purpose and should be buying the feed.

It appears, therefore, that you have a beef with Barracuda.

Do they monitor this list, or is there a better way of contacting them?
--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs