several messages

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Thu Feb 18 20:25:47 UTC 2010

On Feb 18, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> Dean Anderson wrote:
>> [Damn. spit out my coffee on keyboard.]
>>
>> Levine and Vixie are partners in Whitehat. Whitehat is a commercial bulk
>> mailer that offers listwashing services (removing spam-traps). MAPS
>> employees were involved in listwashing.  MAPS, Spamhaus, SORBS do not
>> block Whitehat, suggesting that the spamtraps removed come from
>> MAPS/Spamhaus/SORBS
>>

> LOL Dean's really lost it finally (if he hadn't before.)  SORBS does not
> 'not block' anyone (many on here will attest to that) no one is to big
> or too small to get listed in SORBS.
>
> ..but more importantly, and almost on topic unlike Dean's entire
> post...  I thought Dean was banned for his off continual off topic posts
> and all the attacks on other people and organisations?

Dean e-mails lots of people directly and CC's the list with his .. uh .. missives.  The list members do not see it, just the people individual on the To or CC lines see it.

When you reply to the list, /then/ people on the list see it.

I am replying to the list because I want to educate people.  The next time someone gets e-mail from Dean, please do not reply to NANOG.

--
TTFN,
patrick