BIRD vs Quagga

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Feb 16 21:26:50 UTC 2010

On 16/02/2010 19:47, Thomas Mangin wrote:
> During the discussion, a developers of Bird said that their filtering
> code _may_ still have bugs (when performing community based
> filtering).

medium-long term, community based route-server filtering has no future.
  There will be two reasons for its demise: it cannot easily accommodate
asn32 and it does not allow predetermined filtering and hence sane
loc-rib instance management.  I touched on this briefly at my uknof talk
recently, but long term, the writing is on the wall for this sort of
filtering.

Nick