In wall switches

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Tue Feb 16 20:34:56 UTC 2010

On 2/16/2010 3:21 PM, Andrey Khomyakov wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> if not much trouble, can you elaborate on the "can't quite properly
> managed them" bit?

We use [an orange-and-blue appliance] for NAC.  It can usually
vendor-agnostically flip vlans on a switchport with a rather diverse API
of telnet/ssh/SNMP/etc commands to do so based on the OID of the switch,
across a sizeable number of vendors/platforms.

It does work with the NJ220s.  From other users who have tried, and from
the vendor when asked, I was just told that they could not get it to
work, without an elaborate explanation.  It is not on their supported
platform list (while the NJ220 is).

I haven't gone as far as getting one for testing purposes and
snmpwalking my way through the process to see where it "breaks".

Jeff