Noise (was Re: in-addr.arpa server problems for europe?)

JC Dill jcdill.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 17:51:15 UTC 2010

Larry Sheldon wrote:
> On 2/15/2010 7:00 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>

>>> If you have received this email in error, you are requested to
>>> contact the sender and delete the email.
>>>
>> Done. I also erased the hard disk and reinstalled the OS.
>>

> Given that many Network Operator managers require that that crap be
> appended to out-bound messages, frequently beyond the control (or
> wishes) of the message-originator, why is it necessary to whine about
> every occurrence of it?

IMHO, if your organization appends crap to your outbound messages then
you should maintain a separate crap-free email account for your personal
email and use it when you post to discussion lists.  (If you want to
receive list email at your crap-infested account for your own
convenience, have it forwarded so that your crap-infested reply email
can't be posted back to the list.  This isn't rocket science, right?)

Posting with crap laden .sigs is just as bad as posting in HTML.  This
isn't some band fan discussion group, this is the North American Network
Operators Group  - it's reasonable to expect a certain amount of posting
professionalism here.

jc