Noise (was Re: in-addr.arpa server problems for europe?)

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Mon Feb 15 16:24:39 UTC 2010

On 2/15/2010 7:00 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

>> If you have received this email in error, you are requested to
>> contact the sender and delete the email.
>
> Done. I also erased the hard disk and reinstalled the OS.

Given that many Network Operator managers require that that crap be
appended to out-bound messages, frequently beyond the control (or
wishes) of the message-originator, why is it necessary to whine about
every occurrence of it?

Maybe the list manager here can include the whine in the monthly
"address verification" message, which I filter off to the bit-bucket unseen.

Alternately, maybe we can get an IETF wg tasked with a supply of new
"funny" remarks to be included in the whines--since all of the funny
stuff currently available has been used and abused so completely.

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs