Recommendations for router with routed copper gig-e ports?

Eric Morin EricMo at BarrettXplore.com
Mon Feb 15 02:11:03 UTC 2010

I actually think the 912 is different then the 904 and 906, as I was
discouraged from buying the 912, and I REALLY wanted the extra ports.
That's not to say that the 904/906 doesn't have the same problems. I use
it for a router with a bunch of connected networks, DHCP relay, and BGP.
Other then the below mentioned DHCP-relay bug, and an FTP command bug
(which was also quickly fixed) they have served us well.

Eric RR Morin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Lixfeld [mailto:jason at lixfeld.ca]
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:54 PM
To: Eric Morin
Cc: North American Network Operators Group
Subject: Re: Recommendations for router with routed copper gig-e ports?

The OS906 may be different than the OS912, but be warned that I had
major issues with OS912 relating to LDP and OSPF.  Constant crashes of
both LDP and OSPF made the device totally unusable.  We had to ship
all 20 back to them.  It was really messy.  This was about 6 months
ago, and their code may have been fixed, so YMMV.

On 2010-02-14, at 8:47 PM, "Eric Morin" <EricMo at BarrettXplore.com>

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner