History of 4.2.2.2. What's the story?

Richard Golodner rgolodner at infratection.com
Sun Feb 14 22:37:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 17:20 -0500, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> Besides, it is quicker / better to use your local ISP's RNS.  If
> something goes wrong, you can fall back to OpenDNS or L3, and, of
> course, yell at the _company_you_are_paying_ when their stuff doesn't
> work. :)

	The best advice I have read all day. I have recently been on a few
networks that will not allow 4.2.2.2 to resolve for the clients.
	Cisco tech support tells their customers (us) to use it when testing.
Perhaps this is not such a good practice.
	 Patrick is correct. Use your own stuff and yell when it does not work.