BIRD vs Quagga

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Sat Feb 13 23:02:53 UTC 2010

On 13.02.2010 02:01 Nathan Ward wrote

> On 13/02/2010, at 11:51 AM, Steve Bertrand wrote:
>
>> fwiw, I've also heard good things about bgpd(8) and ospfd(8), but I
>> haven't tried those either...zebra/Quagga just stuck.
>

> OpenBGPd would be great for a public route server at an IX.

Be cautious when doing filtering. bgpctl will hang for minutes, even
hours. Otherwise OpenBGPD seems to be very performant.

Quagga does not really behave well with lots of peers (lots >> 200), but
there will be an optimized route server version soon.

BIRD seems to do fine.

Best regards,
Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299