Hector Herrera hectorherrera at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:30:11 CST 2010

I'm trying to diagnose an issue with 192.255.103.x

As far as I can tell from IANA, the block 192/8 is allocated to ARIN.
ARIN does not have a record of 192.255.103 being allocated to anybody.

Here is the issue ... the customer insists that is the correct IP and
for a few hours yesterday, it was actually working.  Their satellite
phone can reach it, but we can't see it advertised today from any

The ip block is allocated to "VARIOUS RIRs" under a
text file I found at potaroo.net

I tried a few looking glass sites, but I still can't find a route to
the advertising router.

So ... any ideas how to go about finding out the source of the routing block?

Hector Herrera