Linux Router distro's with dual stack capability

William Pitcock nenolod at systeminplace.net
Thu Feb 11 22:12:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 13:05 -0500, Jack Carrozzo wrote:
> Lots of people roll FreeBSD with Quagga/pf/ipfw for dual stack. See
> the freebsd-isp list.

FreeBSD's network stack chokes up in DDoS attacks due to interrupt
flooding.  We used to use FreeBSD for firewalling and basic routing, but
when noticing that we had horizontal scalability (e.g. a Celeron 667mhz
performed nearly as well as a dual dual-core Xeon system when DDoS
attacks happened), we switched to Vyatta, and generally have not looked
back.

William