black listing of web traffic

Andrey Gordon andrey.gordon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:04:34 UTC 2010

Thx to all the folks replying off the list.

The more I trouble shoot the more I'm convinced that it's not the sites that
are doing rate-limiting. I went to a website of one of my previous employers
(a small company). Chances of them having a fancy reverse proxy with some
sort of black list filtering are slim to none, yet their site barely opens
up as well.

Must be something that either my firewall device is doing (which is what is
doing the NATting) or I don't' know what else. I'm working with my firewall
guy since f/w is his domain and I have no clue about that vendor of the
firewalls (PaloAlto).

Thanks all for the suggestions. I'll keep digging.

-----
Andrey Gordon [andrey.gordon at gmail.com]