How common are wide open SIP gateways?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Fri Feb 5 18:26:51 UTC 2010

Eventually I'll have to get around to setting up netflow so I can detect the scanners before it becomes a problem =)

Just not a great deal of 'cohesiveness' with the current open source netflow implementations, and then all of the different Cisco gear has different caveats related to NF, so it's hard to use that as a good way to detect this sort of thing, although I'm guessing it can't be too hard to figure out which hosts are making a bunch of outbound connections to random IPs on 5060 =)

-Drew