Fiber Cut in CA?

Michael J McCafferty mike at m5computersecurity.com
Wed Feb 3 01:02:38 UTC 2010

	I believe in this case the ticket mentions it was at the site of an
"on-going water project". Contrary to what may seem logical to those not
familiar with the area, the area out that way is loaded with very
productive farm land and there are lots of aqueducts and irrigation.

Mike

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 19:41 -0500, Scott Berkman wrote:
> Cross-country Fibers very often follow existing utility rights of way.  So even in a wide open desert, the places the fibers go are the "busy" spots.  Sometimes its train tracks, sometimes its gas pipelines, sometimes its electric, sometimes it’s a road, but very rarely is fiber like that "on its own".
>
> So the cut was likely construction on whatever the fiber was near.  The other option is that the fiber provider was actually doing maintenance (adding capacity, fixing a troubled strand) and did the damage themselves.
>
> 	-Scott

Michael J. McCafferty
Principal
M5 Hosting
http://www.m5hosting.com

You can have your own custom Dedicated Server up and running today !
RedHat Enterprise, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and more