Mitigating human error in the SP

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Tue Feb 2 02:46:07 UTC 2010

Vijay Gill had some real interesting insights into this in a presentation he gave back at NANOG 44:

http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog44/presentations/Monday/Gill_programatic_N44.pdf

His Blog article on "Infrastructure is Software" further expounds upon the benefits of such an approach - http://vijaygill.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/infrastructure-is-software/

That stuff is light years ahead of anything anybody is doing today (well, apart from maybe Vijay himself ;) ... but IMO it's where we need to start heading.

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIE-M/T
www.shortestpathfirst.net