[NANOG] NREN Network Design

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Feb 1 20:15:09 UTC 2010

Tarig,

I am not quite sure what you mean, but it sounds like you're suggesting
that different pieces of your network are fragmented across different
connections to different ISPs.

Depending on what exactly the problem is, the solution would be either
(a) to get a provider-independent IP block from your RIR and route-peer
with each of these ISPs in order to announce independent address space
that travels with you wherever you buy connectivity, and/or (b) some
sort of Layer 2 or 3 tunneling like VPN or MPLS, if I'm not
understanding the problem correctly.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal