Specific Network Querying

Ryan Shea ryanshea at google.com
Wed Dec 29 16:23:21 UTC 2010

You may want to look at Capirca (http://code.google.com/p/capirca/) for
creating policy files from which to generate your firewall rulesets. I am
not aware of a simple categorization of netblocks. My first thought is that
an agreement with every RIR for bulk whois data and writing code to parse /
categorize would be quite difficult and may not get you a reasonable result
after all that work - maybe there is something commercially available.

-Ryan