5.7/5.8 GHz 802.11n dual polarity MIMO through office building glass, 1.5 km distance

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Dec 29 15:30:13 UTC 2010

On 12/29/2010 08:19, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

> Most of these regulations are centered on the concern that your
> building not look like a tower site.  An antenna that is sufficiently
> small that it can not be seen from the ground without resorting to
> optics may be on their "oh, that's fine" list once they see one
> sitting on the table in front of them.

Don't forget about OTARD, where so long as you control the space in your
lease, no local government regulations can prevent installation of a internet
reception radio.

Also, the Ubiquiti is crap from a build/reliability standpoint.  If you're
doing anything serious, it would be worth it to buy a better product.  I'm
partial to the Alvarion and Motorola PtP links.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
727-214-2508 - Fax